If you’re looking for a carefree, small Damier Ebene crossbody bag–the Favorite PM should be first on your list. Its compact size makes it perfect for just the essentials, although it can feel too small at times. Originally, the Favorite PM comes with two straps: a long, removable crossbody strap and a short chain strap that can convert the bag into a wristlet. Originally released in 2014, the Favorite PM will soon be discontinued and no longer made.
Info about Damier Ebene Favorite PM
- Retail Price: $830
- Measurements: 8.5″ L x 1.75″ W x 5.25″ H
- Handles: Goldtone chain link strap and removable flat chocolate brown leather shoulder strap
- Handle Drop: 7″ and 20″
- Closure/Opening: Flap top with hidden magnetic closure
- Interior Pockets: One flat pocket
- Interior Lining: Red (late-2014 to present) or dark brown/burgundy (2013-2014) canvas textile lining
- Also comes in Damier Azur and Monogram Canvas
- Flap bag with a strong magnetic closure that closes and opens easily
- Damier Ebene is weatherproof and can be worn all year
- Brown leather is also weatherproof and doesn’t show wear like natural vachetta leather does
- Comes with shorter gold shoulder strap that’s detachable on one end
- Crossbody strap, duh
- Fits me as a crossbody bag (I’m 5’1″)
- The golden plate on the front is very easily scratched.
- There are a lot of fakes of this bag and in LV’s brown checkered Damier Ebene. I don’t want people to think my bag might be fake.
- Quality issues. In recent years, Louis Vuitton has seen some errors arise in their canvas lines.
- Known quality/defect issues with the Louis Vuitton Favorite Bag: Gold plate scratching (LV sometimes replaces plates for free or a small charge), flap crease
I recently sold my Favorite PM because 1. I needed the money and 2. I found myself only reaching for Damier Ebene in the fall, which felt impractical to me. I always loved carrying it and found no major flaws in its design or appearance, but couldn’t justify keeping it right now.